Fresh ingredients and vibrant flavors!
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Fun Fact: Quinoa and chickpeas are a great source of plant based protein! Consuming healthy proteins from plant and animal sources as part of a balanced diet can help lower your risk of heart disease.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. You should end up with about 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Set aside
- Meanwhile chop all the veggies as small as you can. Tiny little pieces is ideal here!
- In a small bowl whisk lemon juice, oil, and lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine quinoa, chickpeas and veggies in a big bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
Quick Tip: If you don't like lemon pepper, try fresh parsley, fresh dill, Italian seasoning, or red pepper flakes!
Recipe inspired by Garden in the Kitchen Blog and approved by Open Hand Registered Dietitian Nutritionists.